View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Rosyhf

Default Story Time, oh oh a Snake

hahahah did I scare you with the snake? Ok, hubby comes in from the yard (he is always out there lol) and in his hand he is holding a beautiful translucent snake shed skin.

He said that this shed is only a day old. It was clean and all in one piece. I said, I want it!! I was thinking to make a snake for a snake doll or make the doll using the actual skin shed.

Ok for those who don't know about a snake skin shed. The snake sheds it's skin every so often, it just wiggles out of it and leaves it where it falls lol.

I got a glass jar and put equal amounts of glycerin and rubbing alcohol and coiled the shed and put it in the mixture and sealed the jar. Now it has to rest in a dark place for three days and then it's hung to dry and it's cured and can be handled, it is very delicate in it's present stage.

I already have an idea of how to make this snake doll. She is probably going to be a snake queen lol. I hope I am successful with the shed and that it cures right. I will keep you updated and any info anybody has is welcome.