Old 11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
My son leaves in Feb for Afghanistan and I want to make him a quilt to take with him. I want the family and his friends to sign it, not a normal autograph quilt, something different, but I havent decided how to do it yet. I want family and friends not to just sign their names but things like well miss you, be safe, hurry home, take care, outlines of his little boys hands, etc. Something different. Im thinking maybe a big rectangle in the center with where everyone can write or maybe a square, I dont know, Ill have to work on that. I want to know about the pigma pens, is that what I need to use? How well do they hold up? I dont want something that will fade or bleed and that will have crisp lines when they write. Are there better pens out there? Ive never used them before so Im not sure which ones are the best?
Have you checked with your son to see if he would be allowed to take something like that with him? A lot of times the military severely limits how much they can take when they go but you might be able to send it to him after he's there.