Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Joe,

If the feed dogs are hitting the rear of the needle plate they are timed too late. There are usually two shafts under the machine that affect the feed dogs.
The shaft that is nearer the front of the machine (under the bed) adjusts the FD front to back movement (called a rocking shaft). Loosen the nut, turn the screw, tighten the nut and recheck the FD position. Plan on doing this several times. What you are trying to do is have the FD come up and just barely clear the front of the slot in the needle plate.needleplate.
The rear (FD lifting) shaft usually adjusts that FD height. Adjust it on the hand wheel end (right). There is a locking nut and screw on the end. Loosen the locking nut slightly and adjust the height by turning the screw. Make sure to tighten securely.
The cam adjustment is the timing adjustment. You shouldn't have to adjust it for a slot clearence problem.

Clearer than mud????
Cathy
Cathy,

I am familiar with the two adjusting screws you mentioned. I'll commit this to memory as my printer is out of ink and work with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Joe