Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 AM
JanieW

Congrats Gardnergal! Very exciting.

Honchey your yard and flowers are beautiful. I loved the pictures from you and QNS. Living up here in the frozen north with a gardening zone of 3, I am really loving seeing all your blooms. I have an indoor amaryillis that I have named Audrey after the Little Shop of Horrors plant. It has grown so big( 2.5 feet tall) that it has to be in an 18" pot on the floor. It is producing two side bulbs and will not stop blooming. When it finishes blooming, it is supposed to rest and send out leaves to feed the bulb until it blooms again next season. Not Audrey. She rests for about 6 weeks and then sends out another bloom stalk that produces five huge flowers. I love Audrey.

JanRN I tried the thread and my machine likes it. I think it will be terrific for SID and FMQ. I tried it for piecing and it was really good, no need for scant 1/4" , but the seams are coming apart at the ends even tho I used 2.0. The write up says it is good for piecing but I don't want to sew with a smaller stitch length. So I will stick with aurifil for piecing. I love how much InvisaFil I can get on one bobbin, so will enjoy quilting with it.

Re migraines. I didn't start getting them until I went Estrogenless! I am weird.

I am going to Edmonton tomorrow . My 8 year old grandson has a chess tournament so I am going with my son to help ride herd on the twins while Colin plays chess. We will ride the streetcar, go to the indoor market, hit a playground or two, then go pick up Colin and then out for supper before the 1.5 hour ride home.

I need to get into the sewing room today. Too windy to run outside so it will be an elliptical day. Then sew all morning, leftovers for lunch, garden in the PM. I'll put rocks in my pockets so I won't blow away!

Hope you all have a good one!