Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
blue

the block looks awesome!

did you just cut the shape and needle turn or did you use a template and a gathering stitch like you did in the circle?
I'm not sure if that gathering stitch method works on a shape with straight lines, I think it's more of a curved thing.

I used freezer paper, and put it upside down underneath, so that I could iron the seam allowance over and it would stick. Then I whipped the freezer paper out and needleturned it.

I don't mind doing pictures (it makes me feel important! lol) if you still want to see them.
ok, do your pics for this too.

i plan on altering the pattern so the diamonds can be paper pieced in instead of applique. so it will be a nice compliment to each other, an applique method and a PP method.
I was thinking about one of the other ones I did, the one with the four leaf shapes running out to each corner of a plain background block. I appliqued it, because I haven't done curved seams before, but it's not quite straight so I'm thinking I might do another and do the old fashioned paper piecing, where you tack to the fabric then hand sew the seams. Like hexagons.