Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Which Baltimore quilt are you thinking about??
Cindy - block came out really nice as for the flower power [love the dogs!!] I have the newsletter & was also thinking about it - it resembles the style of Piece O'Cake designs and some of Sue Nickel's work, don't you think?? I have to tell you it is certainly no easier than Affairs of the Heart if you decide to needleturn! there are some halfsquare triangles and other piecing, but the flowers have some nasty inner corners for turning [my least favorite!]

An Inner V needleturn....What you need to do with those nasty things is make one sharp precise cut directly into the corner - I do it one thread out. Make your needleturn stitches closer together when you approach the corner "V" then take a stitch going down into your background exactly at the V and come back up somewhat visible a couple of threads beyond the edge of your applique fabric. Whip the thread around the applique and draw it gently up where you came through before. Next tack it down to your background with one more careful stitch and continue up the other side starting with stitches closer together. [I took the opp for a quick needleturn instruction - which I hope makes sense - to lure you into AOTH !!! I need some company when I go back to it LOL!!]
Monica

btw - I will more than likely start Sylvia at the same time I go back to AOTH [with my emphasis on finishing the latter]

OH... I now have a name for my DJ.... "Not Quite Jane!" as a result of two oooops - I realized that LS1 had the wrong base. Was still thinking about unsewing and putting the print in before I made the next booboo. Its not quite finished so no pics yet. I was doing the hand applique on TR13 and RS4 night before last. Yesterday morning [when I was supposed to be doing some housework] I PP'd the tops....using the opposite fabric combinations.... ahem....
Well, I decided rather than redo, I will make it fit!