Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Crazy Quiltin Robin

Today I have learned that the old saying "what does not kill us only serves to make us stronger" is so very true ..... started the neupogen shots .... they make the stemcells multiply and to do that they work in the bones ..... making every bone in a persons body ache sevearly ..... it took the shot about 30 minutes to start working and OMG thank GOD for pain pills ..... 500 mils ..... my hips and spine hurt so bad ..... now the fact that I gave myself the shots was ok ... but two of them!!!!!!! ....ohhhhhhhhh wow .... I might add that was the easy part ...... I have to take them for 7 days ...... ouch !!!!!!!!! .... at day 4 a heart cath goes in with surgery ...... at day 5 they will start running my blood through a machine that will seperate the stemcells from the blood then put it back into me .....lol..... that could take till next Friday to get enough ...... then home for 3 or 4 chemo treatments .... God will be the pilot here ...... that was yesterday @ 6pm..... still hurting when the pills wear off and another shot tonight @ 6........... no more posts from me till this is over ...will be looking at the beautiful quilts ..... pain pills are a good thing and I will be trying to stay ahead of the pain ...... happy quilting ladies ........