View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Rosyhf

Oh boy did I open a can of worms (snakes) hahahahahahah..This turned out to be a nice topic after all lol. I don't care to have snakes for pets, nor do I need to hold or pet them lol, but I do respect them as one of God's creatures that have a right to live and do what they do best. I don't believe in keeping any wild animal caged either. I don't go to the Zoo for the same reason, it makes me sad.

I am only afraid of the poisonous kind of snake and we don't have those here. I know of a black snake and a brown snake that I saved as a baby. They live in the yard and come and go, no big deal. Sometimes I don't see them for ages. I have no idea how long a brown snake lives, so I don't know if it's the same one. I know when he is around by my neighbor's piecing screams lol

I did have to kill a snake once, many years ago, let me tell you the story.

My darling little Buttons (dog) had her first litter of puppies under my car in the garage and this is the place she choose to have them and was very happy there.

One morning, I heard her barking and the barking sounded stressful. I opened the kitchen door just in time to shoo a huge brown snakes, with what I thought were diamonds on his back. I thought it was poisonous. It came to eat the puppies. I ran and opened the garage door and got a shovel and got on top of the car parked outside the door and kept hitting the area where the snake got under. Finally he venture out and I chopped his head off with the shovel, screaming the whole time.

I was sorry to do it but I was in protect mode and that snake would come back again, I am sure. Our neighborhood was a bit woodsy at that time but now is all built up. I guess the snake came out of the woods.

I don't remember if he had a rattler or not. I had to save my puppies. Why couldn't he find some mice to eat. I am sure there were plenty in the woods.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 05-11-2013 at 06:12 PM.