View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I've read that the two tabs in the center of the stop motion washer should point out to the stop motion knob.
"Most" of the machines I've got are set up that way and work great.

Also even if the tabs are point the correct direction the washer can still be put in two ways. So take it out and try rotating it 180° with the tabs to the knob and see if that helps.

Joe
OK .. I know I have it oriented with the correct side out, but did not realize that if I rotate it and put each tab in the opposite slot it could make a difference. Will try that in the morning. Thanks.

how close should the stop screw be to the studs? Does it make a difference? The adjusters manual I'm following only states "... so that when the stop screw is tightened, it is a sufficient distance to the right of one of the three studs on the washer to permit enough counter-clockwise rotation of the clamp screw to stop sewing action of the machine during the winding of the bobbins." "Sufficient distance" isn't very specific so I figured "in the middle of two of them" would be correct ... or should it be closer?