Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Not sure how big your bolts are. I would purchase some inexpensive tarp, wrap and duct tape to seal. When I moved from Indiana to south Texas I used my wash cloths and dish cloths and dish towels because if you use newspaper, often you have to wash the dishes after unpacking. This way they're ready to be put away as the same for the dishcloths. Bubble wrap can be purchased at office supply stores in different size bubbles. As for moving/packing your flatware, if they are already in a draw container, just use paper towels folded then tape across the top and bottom to secure the flatware. You can use the paper towels later for clean up. Sharp knives can be wrapped in paper towels then use newspaper to wrap those and secure with tape. I also mark the room on the boxes. If your clothes baskets and hampers are clean you can pack clothes and bath towels in those. you can also pack your bathroom into your hamper. Some things you don't use can go into the hamper just use other things to put them in. I always duct tape the container so nothing falls out, in case you have to lay it on it's side. Leave everything in your chest of drawer. Just lay tissue paper across the clothes. I've taken the drawers out of the chest moved the chest then put the drawers back in. Takes up less space. Just make sure the drawers won't fall out. Put another piece of furniture in front of it or use a bungie cord to hold in place. Move clothes you wear often while still on the hangers. just lay across a clean blanket big enough to flip back up over them. I have moved the back room last so it is the first room to unload (usually a bedroom).