Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Tammi,

You didn't explain it wrong. I understood you.
It's just that I have never noticed the gear being cracked. I guess that I never really looked at the cam stack gear after seeing the crack going through the cam stack itself. A crack in the gear might not make the machine useless, but one through the cam stack definitely makes the deco and ZZ stitches useless.
Cathy
Gotcha I started checking gears because some of the Brothers I was getting had that plastic or nylon gear, and metal cams. Sure enough, the gear was broken. I was really surprised when the Galaxie sewed, so you're right the gear doesn't necessarily mean death for the machine. I'm not sure about this one though. Of course I found the crack after I'd cleaned up the outside and oiled part of the machine. I really have to start checking better first. I saw that crack, at the end of a frustrating day ( I think it was the first one I'd stated work on the 431, and decided to take a break and work on some instant gratification for a little bit. That backfired. ) and just threw my hands up in disgust and walked away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413049[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails obrother.jpg