Thread: janome 8900
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Madriver

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Congratulations! on your new machine.

What needs to be remembered in comparing prices is whether they are equal deals when it comes to the price. Eg. Does each pricing have all the same inclusions re the Janome table, feet, other accessories, lessons, servicing, etc. And of course, it there is a trade being factored in.

Often times, when an apple to apple comparison is made ... they come out pretty close to the same $$$
The $2000 price was for the machine with its standard accessories (16 feet and the extension table). My mother and her friend also got unlimited free lessons and 10 years parts and labor servicing since they're local. Since I'm in New York the lessons and warranty deal doesn't really apply. It was a great deal.

The prices I was quoted up here didn't include any fancy extras such as the big table or extra feet beyond what comes standard with the machine. I would like to think these things are apple to apple among different dealers but that hasn't been my experience. I think it's more along the lines of they'll take what they can get and you really have to be a savvy shopper to get a fair price.