View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:07 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I have numerous projects in the works all the time- I work on one for a bit, then maybe have to stop for a specific reason and work on something else for a bit- I do try to complete a couple of them before starting a new one- generally I have numerous going because I always have a hand/travel project to work on- right now I received (beginning of the year) a request for 3 wedding gift quilts from a good friend/customer- the weddings are all 3 in the fall- 2 of the quilts are finished- she picked up one, chose the 2nd and I am still working on the 3rd- then I received a request for 2 twin * antique-y* quilts for a house in Connecticut built in 1784- so I've started to work on those- I have a customer quilt to get quilted, received a call about another one to quilt- sometimes (like the 3rd wedding quilt- I worked on for a couple hours yesterday- hit a road block- became frustrated- set it aside & made 4 donation kennel quilts, hemmed 2 pairs of pants for my hubby- then started on the Connecticut quilts- so... looking at your list- maybe you should set yourself some goals- to work on each of your UFO's /WIP's (which ever they may be) and make some progress before starting anything new- finish one or two- then you will have a clear head for a new project- I do have a list a mile long of ones I personally want to do---that gives me incentive to work on what I have to do---I found if I have no (reason) for a quilt- no idea who I may give it to, or sell it to- I have a heck of a time getting it done- if I start a quilt with a specific person, place, organization or sale in mind I can get them done- if they are just because I liked the pattern or the fabric-but I have no idea who may want it- or where it may go sometimes it takes me years to get them done...