View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
fireworkslover

I have a Rowenta Powerglide 2, which is no longer made. I bought mine for $60 in 2000. It does not shut off, which is the reason I bought that one in the first place. It's always been a good steamer when I wanted steam. Sometimes I use it dry and use a spray bottle, which seems to work better to get out stubborn wrinkles. When paper piecing I started using a travel size Rowenta. It worked great for a couple years until the handle broke and the hande would collapse when I tried to use it. It still works (heats) but I can't use it if the handle wants to collapse. So I bought a Rival at Target. I wanted a lightweight iron for paper piecing pressing, since I do that right from my chair and just turn to the right to press, then swivel to the left to cut, etc. I've never put water in the Rival, (even tho I could), but it's lightweight and easy to use for long periods of sewing. I had noticed my wrist would get sore using my full size Rowenta, if I was sitting down when using it. About 5 years ago I was thinking that my Powerglide 2 was probably going to either start spitting or die so I should get a replacement. Since they didn't make the Powerglide 2 anymore, I bought the Rowenta model (at JoAnn's on sale) that didn't have the auto off. It hasn't come out of the box yet!