View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 PM
jadamczyk

On Friday, my 90 year old mother found a manila envelope in her mailbox from someone in Illinois. She didn't have any friends or family in Illinois. Next, she looked at the return name, J. Johnson. She had no idea who J. Johnson was. Being the inquisitive person that she is, she quickly opened the envelope. Low and behold, there were the patterns & instructions for the 3 missing quilt blocks from the Pathway to the Stars! This being Mother's Day weekend, I drove from Lewistown to New Castle to visit her. When I arrived she almost knocked me down rushing to the door waving the 3 missing quilt block patterns in her hand! She said, "These came in the mail on Friday! I don't know how this lady knew I needed these three patterns, but here they are!" She was as happy as a kid in a candy store! I did not have a gift for her for Mother's Day and this was better than any gift I could buy! Thank you to all my new friends at the Quilting Board and especially to Janice for taking the time to find these patterns and sending them to my mother.