Thread: YOLO list?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 AM
romanojg

I hadn't heard this one before. When I did it reminded me of one of my kids friends; Max. He would never say good bye to anyone; just see you later or until next time. He always said; there are no guarantees for tomorrow. He was full of love and fun. Last month, on my birthday and his dates birthday, they were both killed in a car crash. His girfriend just celebrated her 19th birthday and he was 22. It was like he always knew and tried to make the most of his life while he could. So many of us don't do that and I'm not meaning taking life threatening chances because that is stupid. But so many dwell on what isn't or what could be but don't enjoy what is. These are the ones who miss out on so much. I think I could handle the zip lining, definitely not the parachuting, I dont' even like to fly and refused when my young son wanted me to bungie jump with him. There are so many things in life to enjoy, including life itself and we should hold onto that. Be safe and enjoy what you want and try to make all who come into contact with you have something good to say about you when you leave. It breaks my heart when I hear of all of the young kids getting killed in speeding cars and other reckless things and alot of times these things are being done to prove they aren't afraid instead of because they enjoy it. Hold onto your bucket list and your YOLO list and do them because it makes you (or someone else) happy but be safe.