View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM
romanojg

.[/QUOTE]
I started taking embroidery classes this last month to learn about the different fabrics, stabilizers, threads and needles used for various projects like doing cutwork, lace embroidery and more. I never knew there was so much to learn regarding using these materials. All I had ever seen around here were folks just hooping a piece of fabric and stitching and taking these classes I see why most of them have there pieces puckered up or worst.

Today we learned to do cutwork and lace work using various materials. I will upload photos of it later on. Will have to take pictures of it.
[/QUOTE]

I so agree that there are tons of things to learn and I guess that's why I like embroidery so much. One day, I will get a big stand alone. Floriani has a great workbook on stabilizers that goes over each one. I found alot of short cuts to help keep the cost down, which helps me enjoy it more and still produce great items.

Love, love, love cutwork. My Viking has the cutting needles and it sure makes it easier than when I first learned how to do cutwork and you had to cut the sections out by hand. Love doing lace as well. It took me a while to figure out how to do it using the spools of serger thread. I had tons of it and its so much cheaper and for lace I normaly don't care about the sheen you get from rayon. Now I love doing the lace so much more because I can afford it easier and without the frustrations that I had when I first started using the serger thread. Good luck on your new machine.