Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM
DogHouseMom

>>DHMom ... BTW ... I just made a cuppa, "Read My Lips" ... want some?
I don't see any warts, AT ALL!!! It's wonderful, though it does look like a very tedious project with all the bits and pieces you had to cover and finangle around! I didn't remember the little inside box inside your UK Lucky Charms Kit. Amazing how much you have stuffed in there!

Would love a cuppa ... deliver?? <G>

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!

Trust me ... warts. The UK box did have a center "box" with "stuff" in it, but for that box I used an old pill bottle and covered it with fabric. I had to pull the "child proof" inserts out of the lid and once I did that it fit over the top fairly nicely. For this box, I made the little inner box out of the same board I used to make the rest of the box. I actually tried to do it with the first box and didn't like the way the corners met .. it was wonky. When I made this box I figured out a different way to do it so it wasn't wonky .. but then I screwed up and cut the fabric too short and it's visible on the inside of the box (wart #1). Also not pleased with the fit of the lid out and I might actually make a different one before I call it "done" (wart #2). The other warts ... not telling.

As for pattern ... again ... there wasn't one. I have a circa 60's Singer box (mass produced in China no doubt) and I reverse engineered that to make mine.

Now one would THINK that if a person was planning on making two of an object, and set out to make one prototype ... she would also document what she did on the prototype and use that to make the second box. But we're talking about me here, my LIFE is a series of "just jump in the deep end and swim" events. If I do something once I can do it a second time ... but not *exactly*. But that's the beauty of it ... if I make box #3 it WILL be different from box #1 and box #2. Kind of like my cooking ... recipe ... who needs em??

I *might* make a third box ... and IF I do ... I'll document it with photo's and actual measurements (measurements?? egads!), and create a tutorial for the QB. Remember ... I said *might*. OK ... I'll *try*. That's as close to a promise you'll get from me. The truth is that I'm a walking disaster with the hot glue gun and the blisters on my fingers have not yet healed.