Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Mizkaki

Tammi,

I went back to post #51 to look at your stitch sample. The reverse side stitches don't look at all that bad, it looks to be mainly a 'tunneling' issue. With ZZ stitches you do not need to always lock the stitches in the middle of the fabric like in straight stitching. The top stitch can be drawn slightly to the reverse side, especially if using a really short stitch length as in satin stitches and decorative stitches.
It sounds to me that you almost have it done, just a tiny bit of tension tweaking left to do.

And rest those over used muscles. Since we aren't getting any younger! Darn it!

Cathy

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Cathy, OK - I stole 30 seconds to do a test last night on the machine after working in the yard all weekend. With a stabilizer, it gets rid of 90 - 95% of the tunneling. I think the rest is tension, since there's still a lot of the top thread on the bottom. I hope to get a chance to look at it today or tomorrow. I sure would love a gauge for checking tension like you can get for the long arms. Then, I'd know I was starting out at the right point, instead of "slightly perceptible tension".. with the aches and pains in my shoulders from the yard this weekend, the air has slightly perceptible tension this morning. Guess that winter made me slower and softer than usual.

Last edited by Mizkaki; 05-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.