Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Tammi,

I went back to post #51 to look at your stitch sample. The reverse side stitches don't look at all that bad, it looks to be mainly a 'tunneling' issue. With ZZ stitches you do not need to always lock the stitches in the middle of the fabric like in straight stitching. The top stitch can be drawn slightly to the reverse side, especially if using a really short stitch length as in satin stitches and decorative stitches.
It sounds to me that you almost have it done, just a tiny bit of tension tweaking left to do.

And rest those over used muscles. Since we aren't getting any younger! Darn it!

Cathy
I had read that the decorative stitches would lock on the backside somewhat (what an "aha!" moment that was the day I read that. I'd been knocking myself out trying to get it "perfect" before that!), but it seemed excessive, hence why I wanted to tweak it some more. You're right though, the stabilizer makes it look less pronounced.

I'm actually happy that my muscles are sore, believe it or not. It means that they were used this weekend, and if I survive the mutiny they're staging today, I'll be stronger for it. I'm just not really good at slowing down to let them heal, though that seems to be getting easier as I get older, and as my chiropractor keeps telling me to rest, because I keep mangling my rotater cuffs.