Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Oh dear!! ... I had a bunch of replies typed and then went and deleted them!!!! Silly me. So per chance it was a sign to not be so yappy?

Beautiful Garden Pictures .... Thank You Everyone!
I really need to see that ... as it's turned frightfully cold again, with frost warnings for last, tonight and tmro night. And get ready ......... yesterday snow showers off and on, then got dreadfully windy, with big cotton ball snowflakes. Thankfully nothing stayed ... but really? Not funny Mother Nature! Yesterday morning it was 1°C and this morning milder ... 2°C! When it was warmer the perennials had started to jump and were filling in. It's supposed to get considerably warmer this weekend, so they can take off again.

While I was gone, I had some good productive meetings ... and got my farmer and kitty fix! Spent two days on a tractor, switching between the cultivator and roller, to help a friend get their barley in, before it rained on Thursday. Was SO tempted to bring home a little kitty, like DDamsel's, but knew that was not a good idea ... so instead got my kitty fix, each time I went to feed the horses!

The circle of life ... so sorry for your loss OKSGlad. Meanwhile a brave Granny taking the Grand on that long road trip! New DGS is ever-so-cute and DGG-to-come for you GGal. And such beautiful pics of the SewGrands, Anael, just to make us smile some more!
Hope that MrJeanieG is improving daily and that you are able to be away and enjoy your time with your friends.

Just home from NC, Honchey, and now off on a road trip with your DSis! Have a grand time.

Threads are something I am just starting to learn about. Til a couple of years ago I didn;t know there was a difference, and have been learning since. I've been using the Invisafil 100 wt and it's 80 wt sister, DecoBob for quilting for the last year. I like the finer weight, as it does a good quilting job, and because it is fine, it is less noticeable, thus helps the not-so-good quilting be less noticeable, than a coarser thread. Had never thought of it for piecing, JanieW. Thanks for leaving the link, as I'd never been to their site before and discovered a new teacher and LAQ, not far from here. Anael, the thread is not invisible and in many colours. JanRN and Honchey, no shame in using the C+C. It's all about using what works for you, and what you like.

And as always, MiraB ... another impressive quilt finished, and soon to be finished Star Struck.

I was like you, DDamsel, and kept thinking they just didn't have the stunning and unique looks of ours. Of course, we are NOT partial ... are we?

DublB, I can understand your disappointment. Though, it;s better you found out about the plans for the area of your new-to-you home, before you bought. Does your RE agent not have to divulge such to you? That'd be a severe no-no here, and would have severe repercussions to the agent, if a deal was cut, and such info later was found out.

So excited for you JanRN about your new car. Great time of the year to get a new vehicle, and enjoy it for the summer! Lots more FARTs to take it on!

I know there's lots more ... but as I was reading (while listening to the hockey game), my eyes kept saying, now I lay me down to sleep .......... They've been bothering me a lot these last few days, just too dry and when that happens, they just want to close to try to rehydrate. I think it;s time for me to humour them!

Good Night All!!!!!!!!!