Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Mizkaki

Jan,

Some people have all the fun!
Congratulations. It looks like a nice machine.

Cathy

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
Went to Jennb's place last week and saw her "herd". What a bunch of nice machines she has, and when she gets her sewing studio set up, it will be awesome!!! I think I liked her Pfaff about the best or maybe one of her Jones.
I've been begging for one of her Davis Vertical Feed machines for about 80 months and she sold it to me last week. It is a bit of a do it yourself project, but that's what I like best. I actually have the machine sewing now and the mechanics are clean for the most part. Now to do the detail work on the machine.
The cabinet is going to be a major challenge. I've been gluing separated cabinet pieces for a week. The top is missing the veneer completely. I've picked Skip's brain, poor guy, and am getting there. Got the irons back together, and have two headless bushings left over. Cannot figure where they go. Hopefully on the cabinet somewhere. lol here is the puzzle when I unloaded her last week. Skip says she is about a 1917 machine. I know she bites, because I ran her rusty needle through my index finger(missed the nail). That's a first for me, so now I've been exposed to antique sewing machine disease really good. Also got a tetanus shot, just to be safe. Will post more when I get her all done.
Thanks Jennb!! One more off my "want" list that I have.

Texas Jan