Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Elisabrat

I like them very bright and cheery... love that they are not all solid but more tone on tone..just my preference

I am glad you guys are at least thinking on what to do. I have visions of making 20 angel runners which all in all would sorta irk me a bit. and I would be slow as always.. like a turtle at the machine. (now that is an image).

Strawberries wish I was canning some. Saw cherries for sale yesterday from those guys who sit at intersections in small towns? yikes. 7.00 a small strawberry basket full of them. good thing only I eat them. Maybe I will get some maybe I will just look at them instead. That is a bit of change there for not too much. heck one could not make a pie with that amount.. think how much a pie would cost? WOWSA!
When my kids were small I canned cases and cases of jam. berries of all sorts apricots, spiced peach, pie fillings oh boy and we ran out too at the end of the season. now we eat about a case.. we as in Steve. He loves berry jam. Someone just gave us a large jar of blackberry jam so hopefully he might like that. It could buy me a month

Salads ok they all sound good. when shall we have the party? I think Jaba has party hats or crowns lol and I have all sorts of assorted glasses for say iced lemonaide, tea, margaritas, chilled white wine.. water.. and oh we need fruit salad who has a recipe for that they love? I am thinking a salad with strawberries, herbed feta and pecans sounds great but not poppy seed dressing. something like a rice wine vinegrette.. light slightly sweet but tart.. and what else???