View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Jurgita

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Jurgita, there is a lot of quilting you can do with your walking foot using straight lines.
Here are a few ideas that may excite your imagination for others. And, yes, gentle curves can be done by slowly moving your fabric layers as the needle stitches.

Jan in VA
By the way, your English is beautiful and puts most Americans to shame as there are not many of us who can speak second and third languages!!
Oooh, thank you so much for your given ideas! It really helped me to imagine, what I could do

And thanks about my english. It's good to know, that people are able to understand, what I'm writing I can speak german too I've learned both languages at secondary school Tha's why its not that perfect, but oh well.. At least I can comuncate

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
I've quilted several baby quilts with straight diagonal lines with my walking foot. Start with a big X from corner to corner, then work outward, using the guide attached to the walking foot to set the distance to the last line over. I did my lines about 3" apart.
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
Hello Jurgita, My grandfather was from Lithuania...name of Gorgeleit. Know very little about your country. Would like to know more. Your quilt should please any child. Good luck with your work. My 25 yr old married granddaughter finished her first quilt this year and gave it to me. I love it because she made it and think of her when I use it.
Wow!! This is really great! Our country is very small on the Baltic sea, with only 3 million people Sounds like a village I guess? I really, REALLY hope, that one day I will be able to visit USA Sounds like a dream, but well... Dreams are tend to come true