Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

I like the design Carrie and the way you are putting it together.

QuiltE, you have fires burning in Canada?

Janie, I promised dh he got to use the new Bernina for his kilt sewing that he does for himself and he also quilts. In fact, his free motion is better than mine!! Right now, we are finishing up the Christmas presents two years ago for our son and daughter...too many thicknesses for my Bernina 1530. If I get the binding done on the table runner, Dd's is already to go. Found the fabric in Michigan and love how it sparkles for dd. Like snow crystals in blue and silver. son's is woodier with a 'log' in the center of the table runner.

I started to put binding on dgs birthday quilt, its 60 by 66, and broke the needle on the 1530; started on the new one 550, and broke the thread there, so I sat lunch on. The turkey was not cooked enough, did not taste like a butterball turkey and the turkey ran over in the oven, leaving a liquid trail of broth to the island. Commercial mix for gravy was not to our liking, so the hens got it in the afternoon. I will boil the bones for noodles and turkey; save some turkey meat to make a turkey salad sandwich with our surplus of eggs.

So I finished one side of the binding for dgs 's quilt, and then tackled the FWQ and put the binding on one side of it...using the new machine. No other new machine right now; plan to pick up the second one on Saturday...will wait and see what happens then...and will pick up the tables as well.