View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Quilter 65

Well, I have had all the thoughts that have been expressed. I may use this for a raffle quilt for a person who has had an accident and I wanted it to be nice. When I had the size sashing (auditioning) between the blocks, it formed a really neat secondary pattern which made the four-patch appear as a cornerstone on the outside of the new block (visual only). Then I cut them wrong and doggoned it, it changed the whole secondary thing. I thought it made the block the focus as well and decided well, maybe it would work. But then I wanted it to be really nice and I didn't want people to think "what in the world?" So that is when I went to you experts. I had neatly squared every single block and cut each sash individually so it would be nice and straight and just the right width. Guess my mind went on vacation. I didn't want to rip everythng because no matter how carefully, I think a bit of distortion can occur. Then I decided I had to sash the outer blocks if I was going to do it that way. So I am thinking that I will proceed, sash the outer blocks, audition the floral and give it a go. Any ideas for borders??? I thought of piano keys, if I could scrape enough fabric together. Have never done those. Currently it is about 70 by 80. If anyone has any other thoughts, I would love to hear them. I appreciate your comments taking the time to "talk" to me. Jan and Peckish and Lori, I think I will opt for the easier way out this time, but I value your opinions. The funny thing is that I started a quilt for my granddaughter and it was driving me crazy to match all the 36 diamonds in the big diamond, so thought I would whip this one out easy peasy. Then this happened!! I just need to get a pattern, follow it and do what it tells me instead of trying to be original (kind of).