Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
JanieW

Nice airplane quilt Carrie. Lots of work and it's paying off.... looks great.

QuiltE, the fire near Nordegg is about 200kms from us. We usually go to the mountains near Nordegg on Mothers' Day/ we go for a hike and then stop at the neatest little restaurant for supper. Not this year. They phoned my son Saturday night for permission to close the highway and I believe it is getting worse since then. it is very dry here and we have had more wind than usual. The forecast is for 30 to 40 mm of rain this weekend and I hope Nordegg gets all of it.

Re the achimenes, I will be happy to send you some rhizomes and anyone else who wants them, but it will have to wait until next spring when I can harvest them. This is the neatest plant as it goes dormant during the fall/winter when you stop watering. While they are growing they are reproducing the rhizomes. Then they sit there looking like they are dead. Then in March, they come to life and bloom their little hearts out till you stop watering them. I will send anyone who wants a few rhizomes ( they look like teeny pine cones) next spring after the danger of frost is passed.

Assuming you are a Leafs fan??? ( should really be Leaves!) QuiltE are you wearing a black armband? What a weird hockey game!

QNS, Nordegg is fairly close to BC, it's right in the Rocky Mountains and has the same landscape as much of BC. The Alberta Rockies are really, really gorgeous, as much as in BC. We live about 3 hours from Banff and the same distance form the Columbia Ice Fields so we are able to go there for day trips.

I think that is so cool that your husband sews, and kilts no less. Too bad he usurped your new Bernina, but good on ya for sharing.

I am filthy from all my outside mucking in the garden so am heading for a long soak.

I hope everybody had a good day, Night All.