View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM
gaigai
Banned

Thank you Omak! I do have to admit to KLue and you, when I saw your center in the beginning, KLue, I was TOTALLY intimidated. I think my first statement was something along the lines of "Holy Crap! Now how the heck do you put flying geese around THAT!'" :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
And I too was going "Whew" that I didn't have to work on it! Talk about intimidating!! :wink: :wink: Which just goes to show you, be careful what you wish for!!!! ROFL.

But, when I found out KLue had dropped out, I just couldn't let it go, because of the great person that she is. And surprisingly, the idea for the border came pretty quickly. I found that holographic-like glittery fabric, but it is REALLY stretchy in all directions, so no matter what I did to stabilize it, it just couldn't be pieced decently, so I had no choice but to (shudder) applique the stars. :roll: :? :lol: And now I have to send it on to one of the best appliquers on the board. (Shaking her head in chagrin!) Can you see the irony dripping all over the place!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, I can take comfort in that my border will be the smallest. And the rest of the Rogues are WAY better quilters than I am.