Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by chips88 View Post
i have one that calls for home security. i got tired of them calling so last night when they called i told them i had for my security were 2 dogs and a gun that is my security. they havent called tonight yet..
I was getting multiple calls/day from this company. Wrote down all the info. Filed the complaints at the do no call registry site (been listed there since it was first developed). These people were truly making me crazy. Finally called phone company to figure out how to make these calls stop. As it a robo-call, nothing to be done as to blocking numbers, etc. The phone company gave me complaint number for FCC. Called that little man. Very nice. Explained the situation. He said that company is already in their database and under investigation. Also said that since I was actually answering their calls, I was being 'targeted' and would continue to get more and more calls from them. And that is exactly what was happening. His advice (which I have heeded) was to not answer the calls and eventually they would stop. Took a couple of weeks of not answering, but they have stopped...at least for the time being.

I don't feel that I should have to disconnect my landline to make these people stop calling me! I want my landline!