View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 AM
brendadawg

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
I moved from CA to AL before I was deep into quilting (been sewing since 4yrs old) so I didn't know what I had with M&L fabrics in Buena Park! It is in a building that was a grocery store back in the day...and it is chock full of fabric...be prepared to wear comfy shoes and get a basket right at the door! I haven't been able to get back for a visit in 3yrs, and taking an empty suitcase is priority number one! The have a sister store in a beach town a little south of my home in Orange, and if one doesn't have it the other does. I bought about 20 yards of Star of David print for a Jewish friend's table cloth and napkins, and the staff called ahead and the other location held 6 more yards for me. Didn't matter about dye lots, as there were multiple table cloths, just the cuts I needed to piece, they helped me do the math and I was thrilled with their service. Lots of trims, laces, zippers, but some really older stock in those things. Bridal supplies, etc, lots of fancy fabrics, but over 1/2 is cottons...bolts of new stuff and flat cuts stacked over my 6' tall head! Flannels, polys, I need a road trip!
This sounds like a place we have here in MN called Harris Fabrics. They have every kind of fabric imaginable and an unbelievable array of quilting fabrics. When I go there, I get lost in all of it. I've been several times and I don't think I've even ventured into half the place. M & L is definitely on my list, since we'll end our vacation at Disneyland. I see that Buena Park is just north of Anaheim.