Old 05-15-2013, 06:52 AM
JanieW

Ooooh I remember when I was about 14 staying out on my friend's farm. There were twin lambs born during a blizzard in March. It was really bitter cold and the mother rejected them so we brought them in to the summer kitchen. It was a magical time for me. We named them Hero and Zero in honour of them surviving the blizzard.

One other time when I was in high school we were shearing Lucy with a hand crank shearer. We were half done when we got called in for dinner so we abandoned Lucy to go eat. She looked rather comical, one side with her wool and the other sheared. I think we finished her the next day.

OKsewglad I am sorry about your friend. It is so hard, part of life, but it still hurts. We lost a very good friend to pancreatic cancer 5 years ago and it was/is very hard to deal with. Be kind to yourself.

JeanieG What a cutie. You are very lucky to be so young of a Great Grandma!

QuiltE I am cheering for "Pinchburg" as my little grandson calls it. He likes them 'cause he likes their logo so I am with him. My husband is hoping for the Sens so there is a lot of chirping going on. The Habs are out so no one to really cheer for, now. I have another achimenes variety, smaller, with double red flower called Stan's Delight. You can have some of those, too. They are easy peasy to grow, similar to African Violets care, but I will send along care info.

I almost fell asleep in the tub last night. Note to self... Do not read a Library book in the bathtub when extremely tired!

Last edited by JanieW; 05-15-2013 at 06:55 AM.