View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
EIQuilter

I'm looking at this from another viewpoint after talking with a quilting friend this morning. She brought me two quilt tops to be quilted. I was looking forward to doing them, as she is a wonderful piecer and has a great eye for color. We laid them out, and she told me she hadn't made either one - she had bought them from a lady whose mother had passed away and had all sorts of tops made up (the ones she brought me are very nicely pieced, too). I don't know the "rest of the story." Perhaps the family members all had enough quilts to last them for centuries. Maybe they didn't like the colors in these tops. Maybe the mother had instructed them to sell all of her quilt tops, etc. Maybe they simply do not like quilts (yes, it happens) or did not want to invest money into having them quilted and bound. Regardless of the reason, the tops ended up in the home of someone who truly will enjoy and appreciate them and is willing to spend time and money to have them finished. So even though the family did not want them, they are going to make someone else very happy. The family could very well have thrown them out or used them for dog beds or grease rags, but they didn't. I thank them for that!