Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
carriem

Everyone's been very chatty today! Good to see DD check in. My day was much like yesterday....outside in the morning and in the clubhouse rest of the day. Not much time on the computer.

Jeanie--very cute picture of GGD.

QNS--I agree with Jan, you *do* keep busy! Fun pic of the ducks in the pool.

Thanks for the nice comments on my airplane quilt. I showed DH the variations last night and he is like you QE..."traditional". While we were looking at pictures he reminded me he wanted a compass block in the middle. (Remember this is for a pilot friend of his. He really wanted a control tower and some "windsocks" but I kept it simple!) I opened up my file with the "compass collection" blocks and let him choose one. He also said to use some colors to make it "pop". I will add a red "faux flange" in the binding to tie it all together. GNS---I used one of the greens you sent me.

First picture is close up of the compass block (#9 for those who downloaded the patterns).

Second is one layout option: 4-Ps across top and bottom

Third is the one DH chose: 4-Ps surrounding compass ......the middle block is one of my PC blocks going in my 2nd quilt. I took the picture before I had the "real" compass block started trying to get an idea of where to put the planes. Since I haven't taken the paper off the planes yet I have to pin them on my design wall so I didn't feel like rearranging everything again once the compass was done.

Work tomorrow and I have to set this quilt aside for the wedding quilt needed in June.
Attached Thumbnails 007-3-.jpg   009-2-.jpg   002-3-.jpg