View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
I've been there done that...... The motor boss is not positioned inthe right spot for a hand crank and the bushing on the end of the main shaft is too small for the spoked hand wheel of fit on properly.

Cathy
Cathy, surely you can find a way to put a knob right on a hand wheel??? Kind of like a steering wheel turner knob? I have one of those little Cinderella machines. My DGD checks to make sure I haven't sold it every time she comes over. It had the motor taken off and no foot pedal so the girls can't use it anyway. I think I would let them use it as a HC if it were possible. Once I asked Lovie if I could sell it and she shot back "To me???" pathetic. It is a cute machine but I'm not sure it is a good machine. I feel like my DGDs need a GOOD machine to learn on. I gave them a Spartan with a finger guard. They think it is nice BUT Cinderella has flowers - cool flowers and Cinderella's name is on it. My other grand daughter, Mercy sits with the little Cinderella machine and talks to the machine or makes up stories about the machine. She has visual problems so she can't sew but she wants to and she loves to make up amusing stories. I caught her looking at the lack of motor and lack of foot control and she told the machine, "It;s ok I can't sew either, Cinderella."

Last edited by miriam; 05-16-2013 at 03:00 AM.