Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
Lucky you! That is a Model 15 clone. I have one just like it, but badged differently. It is a tried and true workhorse, an excellent piecer. You can also fmq and straight line quilt with it. Feet are generic low shank and walking feet are easy to find.

Vacuum dirt out; do not use canned air to blow dirt further in. Use Tri-Flow grease and oil or regular sewing machine oil and Singer lubricant/grease. Oil every 8 hours of sewing, one drop, where metal meets metal.

You will love this machine. I will never give mine up.
Cricket, I feel the same way. I have had quite a few and love them all but then once in a while I run into one that I like better than all the rest. I bought a Universal clone a couple weeks ago. I bought it thinking it might be a parts machine. It had something melted all over the machine. The machine looked horrible. It was missing the slide plate and the bobbin case. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. That machine turns like nothing. I took the tension apart and re-assembled and it works like a dream. That one is a very fine machine. Another one I really loved was a Montgomery Ward. It wasn't near as ugly but it did need clean up. I did sell it but it hurt to part with it.