Thread: phone calls
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 AM
judykay

I keep telling myself that when I get a telemarketing call I am going to pretend to be a recording and see what happens when I tell them to go thru all these steps. I usually just ignore them and not answer the phone but I have been tempted to try this. I also get so frustrated and I do many times keep pressing the "O" button. This is one of the reasons I prefer to send an email when possible plus I have my answer in writing and not a he said she said .

Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I was reading the thread about telemarketing (http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...d-t221499.html).

It got me thinking about my calls to various companies and the government.
I get so frustrated when I have to deal with them..."if you want .....please press 1: ....please press 2" etc.

Then when you press the proper key..there's another lot of the same..."press 1 for... "etc.

Sometimes you are there pressing keys until finally they say..."all our lines are busy, your call is important to us...please hold for a customer representative."
Likely as not, you have to hold for a long time.

I can see the advantage for the company but it drives me crazy. If the feature is available, I'll now press the pound key and wait for someone to answer. This works for some companies but not all.