View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM
EmiliasNana

Default Bright 4 patch posie using panels

A couple of friends in the guild had recently taken a class on the 4 patch posie and were sharing the process with me at a quilt retreat. I loved their quilts, but really didn't need to go looking for more fabric, just to try the design. What I really needed was to make a floor quilt for our two expected grand sons. As I was leaving the retreat, with quilt store attached, I saw this adorable Zoo Panel and thought, 'Why not just stack 4 panels on top of one another and use that instead of yardage?!' I bought 5 panels so I could use one as the center focus. The hardest part was figuring the size to cut the blocks. I used flannel for front and back and used 2 layers of Quilter's Dream Select. Since my DSM throat is only 6 1/2" I had to use a quilt-as-you-go method. I outline quilted all the animals on the panel first, then measured to determine my border sizes. I ended up cutting my 6 1/2" blocks, down to 6" [ATTACH=CONFIG]413816[/ATTACH] so that everything would come out even. It should give the kiddos LOTS to look at : )
Attached Thumbnails 4-patch-stacked-posie-quilt.jpg