View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM
fxsts93kf

Default Husqvarna MegaQuilter 1200 HELP!

I am purchasing a Husqvarna Mega Quilter 1200 on an Inspira frame(WooHoo) from a friend of mine, that is virtually new, as in only a couple of hours of use on it. Problem is she hasn't touched it since she bought it and now can't help as far as how any of the settings go. I have only played around with mid and longarms at quilt shows, that sums up my experience. The owners manual is geared for regular sewing and there isn't much on the web. I've read everything I can to learn but could use some help from someone that owns one of these machines.

I've got it sewing (after figuring out it won't budge without the pressure foot being downwhich took about a half hour to figure out). At first I got the big loops on the back so I changed the top tension and that helped a bunch. But even though the back looks good it's still not quite right and now I'm getting some large stitches on the top (approx. 1/8 to 1/4" long) maybe every 8 or 10 stitches. I can take pictures but not until tomorrow when I go back over there if that would help. I played around with the top tension and stitch length and pressure foot tension but don't want to keep messing with it before I get some advice. Also I am using the same thread top and bottom.

I really like the feel of how it sews and can't wait to get the bugs worked out! And the frame(by the Grace Co.) is a dream to load! Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide! Kelly