View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
J Miller

I acquired a tube of that white colored Singer lube. It is not the same kind of grease the old amberish grease is / was. I emailed Sew-Classic about it and Jenny told me not to use it in the motors. I have not. The grease I got from her is the old amber colored stuff, not the white stuff. However I don't know how to tell what's in the tube without opening it and looking.

Personally I don't trust the white stuff and won't use it in Singer motors. Other things, yes, motors, no.

Here is the emails:
Hi Joe,

I have never personally seen any Singer grease that was white and looks like lithium grease. Personally, I wouldn't use it.

Thank You,
Jenny
Shop.Sew-Classic.com
Discount Sewing Machine Parts & Supplies

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Singer lube question
Date: Fri, November 30, 2012 11:47 am
To: "Sew-Classic Customer Service" <[email protected]>

In my last order, inv # 0000012571 I ordered a tube of Singer lube S2129. I check it and found it was the normal amber color. That's great.

My question is this. Last year JoAnn fabric closed their two small stores here in Springfield and opened one large store. My wife and I cleaned them out of Singer oil and lube.

One of the tubes of Singer lube has white grease in it. It looks like lithium grease. To date I've checked every other tube of this grease I have and none are like this.

Do you have any information about this? My basic question is will this white grease mix with the normal amber grease in the motors or not.

Joe

Joe

Joe