View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 AM
kaylfordsollimo

Originally Posted by isewman View Post
I'm asking for a little help. I need a quilt top FAST. The reason, I'm asking is at my Oct quilt meeting, were going to have some different demo's, from our group, going on. I was ask to do a demo, on my hand quilting, technique, I use. Me being a person, of not being very courages, I said yes. I thought, of using my GFgarden, quilt top. But, I may be thru with it, before Oct's meeting. I thought, of a quilt top, because, that is what I make most of the time. Not much on wall hanging's, unless it catches, my eyes. Don
As a teacher by profession (AP calculus for 25+ years) I would like to put in my 2¢ as to what would be best for your "students" to see. Since this is to be a demonstration I'm thinking there will be clusters of people moving from one demo to the next. Probably small enough groups so that everyone gets a "close up" look. That being the case - and your technique being the point of the demo - here is my thought... As others have said, plain whole cloth with contrasting thread will give the best visual. What I would add to that is by way of preparation for your "class", consider basting your quilt sandwich together emphasizing 10" or 12" pseudo blocks. That way each time one group moves on and the next group arrives you can begin in a new "block" showing them how you start, handle curves, points, etc. and then end. Each of your groups will get the whole package and your technique will be the star of the show.