Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 AM
GladGrams

hi,
I got your email and have responded, after the 2nd one, sorry... Gets crazy here in the grandchild, home school zoo some days.

I am visiting my children and grandchildren until midJanuary. My daughter is home schooling her 6 and 9 year olds. We got a hold of 2 older sewing machines they had refurbished and I am teaching them to sew. Can you believe at the first sitting they mastered the following: All about the machine and how to thread it, sewing straight stitches and zig zag, sewing on a line, back tacking, what a quarter inch seams is and then sewing 1/4 inch seams using a purple line seam guide I got on line and stuck to the machine, how to use a klutz glove and a rotary cutter. They are such eager learners I can hardly keep up with them.

Today we will make Christmas pillow cases for their beds. Then we will begin measuring and making quilting squares with the quilting rulers. Hopefully we will get to sew some squares together by tomorrow!

What a visit this is turning out to be. We invited their 6 year old cousin on Sunday afternoon and we made place cards for the Thanksgiving table.

What a wonderful time I am having, Will try to send some pics later