Thread: New Machine
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
cminor

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
What made you decide on this machine? I am thinking of replacing my babylock, so tell me, thanks
I was thinking of upgrading and was just not sure how or to what. My husband actually found this machine on Amazon a while back and after reading the reviews thought it sounded good. He knew I wanted the extra table and didn't even realize this on had the thread cutter!

I was watching it for months and kept it in my wish list on Amazon. My birthday is in June and we were thinking maybe then. My other machine was less that $150.00 so this was pretty pricey for me and I was just not ready to commit.

Then last week Thursday or so it was the Amazon deal of the day and was another $80.00 off. I e-mailed my husband who told me to order it right away!

I just love it. The extension table is great..the thread cutter...the stitchs look great...so much variety and I love the fact that I can sew without the foot pedal. I was not too sure about that but after using it yesterday decided I really like it. I think that will help me alot regulate my free montion (up until now I have only done SID on my quilts).

This machine also came with easily over $400.00 worth of extra feet and accessories. AMAZING

I ended up getting mine for only $250.00 and free shipping. The hardest part was knowing on Saturday it was only 15 minutes away at a UPS terminal - and I had to wait until Monday for it to deliver!

I am thinking about the fabric book. That sounds fun. This machine has a lot of stitches that can be elongated and even mirrored so the options are limitless.

I don't have anything bad to say about it. Well - actually when/if you get one go through all your pcs carefully. You get so many if something is missing you may not notice. I ended up with 2 of the same and was missing my darning/free motion foot. It took me about 30 minutes to go through all the pcs and match them up to see what I had extra! I called and they are sending my foot out this week. They also told me just to keep the extra one I had - which retails for $49.99!

All in all - very good machine. I read a lot of the reviews and didn't really find many negatives. Online I saw that someone had 2 negatives - first the lights were too bright (thats ok with me!) and 2nd there were so many choices of stitches it was overwhelming. (Again - ok with me!)

I strongly suggest this machine - I just love it!!