Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

QM -- you are making an entire quilt to swap on this board??? OMG hope it works out better than my nightmare
I spent many many hours on hand applique/embellishment/broderie perse a row for 'my quilt' for a row robin here in 2011. I saw some of the progression - or should say since no pics - heard my rows progressed through our group.... and then stopped somewhere in New Jersey with a member Should have returned to me September of 2011 - never to be seen [by me] again.

on a brighter note.... DJ with batiks on black would look spectacular!!

I'm in the process of looking back through the earlier pages of this thread to add post numbers to each block. I will then post a chart so everyone who has yet to finish [or start] can have an easier handle on finding pointers if they want some, and also a starting point to look at pictures of blocks. speaking of..... I've made 4 tris and 4 squares since Mother's Day and owe a few photos.... no not yet, but soon.

As to my schedule - I made it up considering the comments and suggestions made by the DJ group that made theirs prior to my starting. They wanted to be able to work rows at a time to be able to piece things together or 'see' what it would look like sooner than having all blocks completed in a scattered order. I also referred to Brenda's complexity chart and focused doing more easy blocks first within a section and making sure triangles were done throughout the project so if they overwhelm you, you dont get turned off and stop altogether. Having said all this - and the schedule does seem to work - but be aware life does and will get in the way ....drats!! I fell way back myself at the end of last summer with machine issues and computer replacement and still have 6 older tris to complete, even though I have a few things done ahead. I am so determined to finish ahead of schedule that I sometimes will pick a couple of very simple blocks that I have down for later this year and whip em out!

I now have 25 squares, 20 tris and 2 kites left

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 05-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.