View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 AM
N2hair

Hi, I just joined this blog and found it because I was searching the web to see if any one but me was having BIG problems with their Bernina 830e. I have had the same problems as many others have. I can't use the BSR because the thread breaks every 4 to 5 stitches. I have tried all brands of thread. The dealer told me not to use Coats & Clark, but it works best if it is the new XP. I can not sew at all with the black front plate on because of the thread breaking when sewing any thing. The thread breaks inside the area above the needle I was constantly taking it off. The automatic threader will not work it has been replaced twice. The thread get tangles around the bobbin case It has been replaced twice also. I could have almost bought a second cheap machine for what I have in repair bills. I thought long and hard before I bought this machine. I took some money from an inheritance and paid cash for this machine. Very disappointed. We now have a second Bernina dealer in Chattanooga so I am going to see if their repairman can help. I thought I just had a lemon I tried to trade it in on a Bernina 830e LE, but they wanted almost $5000.00 plus my machine. I have had my machine since April 2010. Also I thought they were made in Switzerland, but it said Japan on the box. So many sewing machine companies are buying each other out they just aren't what they used to be. My sister has a 30 year plus Phaff she bought in Germany (it's a dream so smooth and quite) but when she went to buy a new machine she found they were bought out and no longer made in Germany and not as good. She went with the Bernina 550.