Thread: Just one bite.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:49 AM
AlienQuilter

LOL! I love all the responses!

We had the clean plate rule when I was a kid. Made me wonder if that is why I have a weight problem - being forced to eat even after I'm full. Never made my kids clean their plates. Although, for my oldest, who not only would clean his plate but have seconds and thirds, if i thought he did not eat enough vegetables (he was my meat eater) I would have him eat one or two more bites of vegetables. My youngest hardly ever ate seconds and would seldom finish his first's. For him, (he really loved his vegetables) I would tell him to eat one or two more bites of meat.

Now days they only eat when hungry and are really good at eating a variety of foods. Well, there is just one thing I try to keep my youngest from doing. My boys are in their 20's now. But, my youngest drinks way too many sodas and they are not the sugar free either. I told him he could cut out 2/3's of his calories just by cutting out his sodas.

There are several foods that I just can't stomach, the primary one being liver! Another is sauerkraut! My Dad loved liver but luckily my Mom did not make us eat it. Probably because she did not like it either! And my Auntie loved to make sauerkraut and her house would stink for weeks!

I do make myself eat just about everything if I'm eating at someone's house so I don't hurt their feelings.

I have a friend that her youngest and her husband are extremely picky. I got to where I would refuse to even try to feed her youngest when he was over visiting. My youngest would chew him out and even tell him that I was the better cook. He would not eat anything that I cooked. I even asked her how she could cook to please every one and she said it was difficult - not for me it wouldn't. If I had picky eaters like that, they would be doing their own cooking (and clean up afterwards). It just really gets me when a kid is allowed to rule the house/parents!