Thread: Just one bite.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Tothill

We have a 3 bite and try it 3 different times rule for our kids. If after trying a food 3 times they still do not like it, I do not ask them to eat it.

My dd is not fond of fish. But when dh prepares Halibut, she will eat it although for several years we called it chicken. She knew it was halibut, but calling it chicken got her through the meal.

My middle son will try almost everything except sea bugs - crab and lobster. He will eat shrimp. He can I love sushi, dh and dd do not care for it.

When I cook dinner I make sure there is something on the plate that everyone likes. I love spaghetti squash, dd is not too fussy about it, so she only gets one spoonful and smothers it in ketchup.

I am the challenging one to feed in my family.

I am Gluten free and avoid most dairy products for medical reasons. When visiting or travelling I am quite militant about what I eat. The results of eating dairy and gluten are not pleasant. If I am a guest, I bring my own food. I do not expect my host to buy gluten free products, Almond Milk or goat cheese.

At home if I am making perogies lasagna or other dairy and gluten rich meals, I just buy sushi to eat.

As a child I learned to tell people I was allergic to eggs. That stopped people from forcing me to eat eggs. I am not allergic, but they cause an immediate migraine which debilitates me for at least one day.