Thread: secret santa
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM
tlrnhi

The rules are simple. 4 fat quarters and a gift to not exceed $20. There are those that do go over the limit, but nothing we can do about it. Most people will use Flat Rate Boxes and stuff them as full as they can. Those boxes are usually cheaper than regular mailings. One reason to start collecting early with sales. You can spend $20 and actually have about $100 worth of "gifts". Does that mean you HAVE to spend $20? No, not at all. All that is asked is that the gift is tasteful and something that can be used or purposed. We have in the past, had some that thought that trash was a good idea to put in the package. When I mean trash, I'm meaning just that. The "gift" was something that should have actually have been tossed in the trash.
Ideas of gifts....
thread, scissors, tweezers, needles, pins, any quilt gadget, extra fabric, magazines,,,,you get the idea.
There is help from the person you will get. They will "hopefully" let you know their likes and dislikes.
This is all S E C R E T. Hence the name Secret Santa. Packages are to be marked on the outside so there is no fear of it being opened before hand. There will be a date for opening (date is determined by majority of who is playing).
This is just a bit of the rules.
Like I said, I'm tweaking the rules for this year.
SO
STAY
TUNED!!!

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Last edited by tlrnhi; 05-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.