Old 05-18-2013, 04:30 PM
miriam
Power Poster

http://www.yelp.com/biz/batsakes-hat-shop-cincinnati
This guy is the real deal. I've been there.
I have a story to tell about a hat and Indianapolis though.
My son is an absolute hat freak. He has loved hats forever. His big sister and brother got a big kick out of putting hats on him when he was a baby and he knew he got attention... He's just always got on a hat. He is always always on the prowl for a cool hat. One day we were taking a 'short cut' through the seedier areas of Indianapolis and he spied a garage sale with hats. Those weren't just any hats those were derby's and top hats. We HAD to stop. The yard sale was very cool. Besides the hats were all kinds of really cool furniture from 1930s or so and there was a Tin Lizzy parked out there with a for sale sign with a mind numbing price. My son drives a hard bargain at garage sales. He tried on a hat. It fit perfectly - it was a type of top hat. Gorgeous hat. He looked very cool. His mistake was he asked the big guy with the sombrero, white t shirt and orange flip flops "How much for Frosty's hat?" They guy was VERY offended. And told him to leave. There was another man there who stopped my son. He said, "Son, are you really going to put that hat on a snowman?" My son said, "Of course not. I'm going to wear it. I'm a musician." The old guy and my son haggled over the price for a few minutes. Then the old guy told him the other guy's father owned a hat store in Indianapolis. He said that was a $400 hat. My son said he thought it was a pretty good hat and he said he would wear it and take good care of it. He does. Then the old guy told him to get out of there before the big guy figured it out...