Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 PM
MacThayer

Many people do well with Connecting Threads thread, and it's a good buy. I used it when I had my Brother sewing machine, and had no problems. Then that died, and I bought a Janome. I love my Janome MC9700! But it does seem to be fussy about threads, and the Connecting Threads thread made my bobbin so linty that I had to clean it every time I changed the bobbin. I switched to Masterpiece (for piecing) and King Tut (for FMQ). That solved my "linty" problem, and I love the thread! It is pricey. On the other hand, I bought a BIG cone of pale grey over a year ago, and have been using it to piece almost everything. There is still lots of thread on the cone as well, so I know I'll get a lot more piecing out of it. Bought that way, it's really rather economical. I buy the small spools of King Tut for FMQ, as I never know when I'll need that color again. All Superior threads are awesome, IMHO. If I'm just practicing, I have some Coats & Clark I use, leftovers from earlier projects. So it depends: if I'm working on a project, I'll use the Superior threads. If it's just some small thing, I use the cheaper stuff.