Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 AM
carriem

Karen--I like what you have come up with. Maybe you can make a dresser or table runner (or 2 or 3) from the border panel? You could use them in the same room the quilt is being used. We gave our dogs baths last week...but then took the boat out yesterday and they *had to* go play on the sandbar with the kids and go "wading" too. They love the water (kids and dogs)! Due for another bath to get the sand off and river water smell out.

QNS--some more pretty flowers and the cat looks pretty too. The ducks sure have gotten big. I was going to take pictures of my house this morning and I woke up to rain! It has been predicted all week and this is the first day we got some. Everything is such a bright green out the windows now that the leaves are really growing on the trees.

Anael--some more good pictures of the twins. I really like the first one of Isa...she is so alert.

Bev--that sure is hot! Does your a/c keep up? Weather in Iowa has been strange this year...it gets hot, then cold then hot again. Yesterday was gorgeous...which was good since we were outside for much of it. I look forward to seeing your finished dresser.

Friday was a nice time with DH. Then I came home and got all the fabric sewn on the last few propellers (trimmed and pinned for last seam last night). I also got 6 of the 12 blocks sewn together for the wedding quilt.

The kids 3-D archery shoot went well. DS took a friend and we went early since they had to go mow lawns. Then I came home got cleaned up and went to a graduation party. After that DD and I went back and she shot (she was gone in the morning when I took the boys). DH had the boat ready when we got home so off we went again. We returned a little after they were doing awards so ran over (less than 5 miles away) to see if the kids had placed or won any door prizes. They did places for each grade, male and female (usually it is Elem, MS, and HS). DD (5th gr.) got 1st. DS (7th gr) got 1st and DS's friend (7th) got 3rd. They were all very excited to get a medal. Plus my kids each won arrows and DS's friend won a hat.

This afternoon I hope to spend some more time in the clubhouse.